Design and build a wizard

ROLE
Lead Designer. Lead user research and design from low to hi fi. Shipped.

ITERATION OR NEW DEVELOPMENT?
Iteration + New Development. We already had a wizard, however, our users found it hard to use and some of the new features we wanted to bake in for part 11 compliance dictated that we needed to start from scratch. So we designed and built a new wizard to improve usabiity and add new features in Reviews.

PROBLEM
Part 11 compliance was on our roadmap for a while, as a product we were roughly 80 percent there but that remaining 20 percent feature gap was blocking large sales deals. We needed to bake new compliant focused features into the “Review” process, naturally the “Intitate review” wizard was a good place to start as it gave our users the ability to learn about new features and the choice to enable/disable.

USERS
System engineers, quality control managers, system administrators, all working for complex product development organizations. Some of the companies I talked to in user research: Sun life financial, Apple, Firefly, Infineon, Rivian.

TEAM
2 designers, 1 product managers, 5 developers, 2 QA.

PROCESS
Open invitation to discuss:
Contact

0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*